Tuesday, November 30, 2010

we dance to the beat.

For some reason I have experienced a lot of heartbreak recently.
Apparently I think its fun or something. Ok, really its not. But it happens and it sucks.
Luckily this time around, thanks to Taylor, I have been able to spin songs from Robyn non-stop to get me through it. Not only can I dance like woah to every single one of her jams but I feel like I can relate to every single song. 
in an effort to not be super dramatic i will not share said lyrics, but know there are SO many good lines and i love singing and dancing to these songs and they make me feel so better. 

With all of this being said, going to a Robyn concert could not have come at a better time!!

Taylor told me about the show about a month ago, and to honor him I knew I had to go.
Coincidentally I also just cashed in all of my coins from my piggy bank and I pretty much had the saved the amount of the ticket price, so I felt like I was going for free! 
I was able to talk one of my favorite people from my ward, Mindy Scott, who loved Robyn back in the day to accompany me to the concert. 

The concert was so great, and we experienced some great moments.
We head out to the concert and I knew it was at LA Live in downtown, but I wasnt sure of the exact location. When Mindy and I were looking for the venue we passed a large group of men hanging out outside. After we passed them Mindy said "I think the show is going to be back there, I saw a guy with an 'I heart Robyn' sticker on." I thought to myself, thats strange, why would all of these guys be outside the Robyn concert? Well lets just say that none of them were straight....
Not expecting that at all. 

We walked into the show and we were definitely outnumbered!! There were way more men there than women. Mindy predicted 80% guys to 20% girls.  I thought it was going to be filled with pop loving teeny boppers like myself. Nope. gay men that love getting down to Robyn's beats. The outlandish things that Mindy and I saw, we were just dying! It made the show that much better.
Point proven here. this guy just loved dancing by himself and taking that shirt off.

My favorite moment during the show was when after witnessing two guys kissing in front of me, one turned and stared at me and said "You are so beautiful." and repeated that about three times while waving his arms around my face. He was gay and drunk, but I will still accept that as a great compliment. 
do you notice litttttle robyn in the background? i swear we were close to the stage.

I was a little disappointed in the show only because she played a lot of songs I didnt know--and I consider myself quite the fan. 
However, we scored an awesome upclose view of the stage.
And I just cant stay still during those beats! I danced and sang my little heart out!
the music. the lyrics. Robyn's awesome dance moves. the outlandish crowd and a night out with Mindy was just what I needed. A great night and an amazing concert.
I love me some Robyn.

 Just a little taste of the concert:
although not nearly as good as being there in person.
Dancing On My Own:
Hang With Me:

3 comments:

T. Hoyt said...

HAHAHA. that's hilarious. mi dispiace, about your recent heartbreaks...and stop dancing on your own. I have plenty of new tuneage from all over the mondo. but keep body talking. ciao ciao bella.

B said...

Sorry about the heart breaks. I like Faith Hill's songs: 'take it, take another little piece of my heart now baby. break it, break another little piece of my heart.' You just have to jump up and go have fun with someone new.

Who is Robyn?

kelly l said...

ok, so i've never heard of robyn. i guess i'm not a gay male. we had a similar experience at an erasure concert a couple of years ago. good times.