Thursday, November 25, 2010

count your blessings.

name them one by one.
count your blessings. see what God hath done. 

We sang this song in church last week, which obviously had prime timing. It made me start to think about all of the amazing blessings I have in my life that I need to be thankful for. I love lists, and so with that, here is my Thanksgiving day list:
Thanksgiving, 2008.

1. Family. I am so incredibly grateful for my family. Parents that love me, stalwart members of the church, fun and support me during my mid mid life crisis. My amazing sisters, who are beautiful, funny and my closest friends. My awesome brothers in law. I am grateful for their amazing example and becoming as much as a real brother and friend. and probably the best part of my family, my nieces of nephews and the love they show to me and for each other. 
2. Friends. I have been mocked by many that I have too many "best" friends and that I should only have one. I think this is false. Having about 13 best friends is an amazing blessing. I am blessed with so many amazing people in my life, that I care so much about and who also love and care about me. I am grateful for my lanai crew, my roommates, the gh kids, my northridge crew. 
3. the gospel. the knowledge of God and Jesus Christ. their love. the atonement. prayer. the restoration. the scriptures. General Conference. the Prophet. family history and temple work.
4. Los Angeles. 
5. BYU. my college experiences. my college degree. cougar sports. 
6. a family that loves baseball. Dodgers. a family that takes trips to Spring Training and baseball stadiums. 
7. trials that teach me and help me learn and grow. 
8. my chapstick key chain. 
9. my health and strength. 
10. my car lulu. 
11. California weather. I can wear flip flops all year long. No need for jackets and coats, just cardigans to get me through the winter. 
12. not having to worry about slipping on ice anymore while I walk outside. 
13. my wooden keychain. I can knock on wood and be jinx free wherever I go. 
14. my legit SLR camera so I can snap away as many photos as I can. 
15. my ipod and music. dancing. no standing, only dancing.  
16. America. 
17. George Washington. 
18. Washington DC. my love for that place, the opportunity to live, learn and teach.
19. moments of laughter.
20. Sundays.
21. my family all active members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. all happily married, temple marriages.
22. Mexican Train.
23. A Thanksgiving day celebration with my parents that did not include one traditional thanksgiving activity and I loved every moment of it.
24. books. a plethora of books to read.
25. an amazing and happy life. 

I could go on and on. Ive got lots to be thankful for in my life. 

And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.
D&C 78:14

5 comments:

N. Slade said...

This is why I love you! You are so cute. I didn't know your car's name is Lulu, mine is Lou!! Ha ha I'm thankful I have you in my life!! Ya ya!

Laura said...

you are awesome. i love you.

kelly l said...

you made a great list. love you lots.

Tela said...

what a cute list!! I love that you placed your chapstick before your car. haha very nice

Catherine said...

i am thankful for YOU. lets play soon?