Friday, September 17, 2010

Los Angeles Temple.

 I absolutely love the Los Angeles Temple. 
Growing up here my entire life and witnessing my two sisters get married there has easily made it my favorite temple. I love the huge hill that it sits on and the beautiful palm trees throughout the grounds.
The Visitor's Center recently just reopened after being closed for a long time for remodeling. And so this past week my ward went for Family Home Evening to check it out.
It is now SO beautiful. It is filled with tons of amazing videos to watch--stories filled with service, eternal families, the Book of Mormon, love for God, the building of the Temple and Joseph Smith.
It was a little overwhelming having so many things to look at and having so many people there, but it is truly amazing and I loved being there.
My favorite part was when you walk in and off to the right is the room with the statue of Christ. It is so overwhelming and powerful to sit there and see him, with his arms outstretched and then to hear Christ's words through the scriptures.
At one point a few of were admiring this statue, I then turned to look at my friends and I saw this. 
Once my back was to the statue I could see Christ's reflection in all of the window panes that open up to the back of the Temple and even some palm trees. I just loved this. I loved seeing the statue of Jesus Christ all around us. 
All of the glass windows throughout the Visitor's Center had this small imprint of the Temple. I just loved it. 
I also loved that literally my whole ward showed up for the event, it was great to be there with everyone.  

3 comments:

kelly l said...

Those pictures are way cool. What a great activity.

Laura said...

good pics. i have been meaning to take my kids down to the new visitor center.

Tela said...

Leigh!! Great pictures!! I'm so jealous that you have a cool camera to take so many!! I Love your blog you have been everywhere its so cool!! I'm glad were friends too :)