I made a good group of new friends during the summer, as they were all heading back to Provo for school they were all super sad that their summer was over, saying they had the best summer ever.
It made me reflect back on my own summer.
Also my sister Laura recently did a little summer recap post, which inspired me to do one of my own....
My summer started with the unexpected move back to sunny California.
When this year started I told myself that it was the first time that I didnt have a set plan in my life.
However I had one plan.
I was going to live in Provo till the end of summer and then move somewhere else. That "somewhere else" was never ever going to be back at home...
However I had one plan.
I was going to live in Provo till the end of summer and then move somewhere else. That "somewhere else" was never ever going to be back at home...
My summer involved heartbreak. And Im still kinda dealing with it.
However, my summer then involved making new and awesome friends which have been such a blessing to me.
My summer involved two family vacations. Well the first involved Kelly coming here, but since I didnt work and we hung out everyday it felt like a vaca.
My summer was lots of Dodger games. I tried to go as much as I could. My count is at 12 games thus far, with three more games in the works before the season is over. I have collected a dodger beach towel, dodger lunch pack and hopefully receive a dodger towel next week!
My summer was filled with learning about apartment leasing. And although I am so so grateful for Matt with hooking me up with a well paying job as soon as I got home that was super flexible I realized I dont like working with adults in such a professional setting. They dont appreciate my big hoop earrings like my DC students, I cant get away with saying words like "aint" and they could care less if I can attempt to Jerk.
My summer involved hanging out with my niece and nephew (and sister for that matter) all the time. And I absolutely love it.
I love the excitement Chase has every time I see him, even if I did see him the previous day. Although it has made me miss seeing the Larson kids all the time too!
I love the excitement Chase has every time I see him, even if I did see him the previous day. Although it has made me miss seeing the Larson kids all the time too!
My summer was Sunday night dinners out on the patio, which were and are my all time favorite thing to do. And playing Mexican Train at night.
My summer was trips with friends.
My summer was going to the beach a lot. Although I only once got in the water. And that was only up to my waist. I know, Im pathetic.
And lastly my summer ended with a new job! I am working for a lady in my stake. Its an awesome opportunity that just fell into my lap. Im a tutor/ political campaigner/ personal assistant and so far I love it! Im working for an organization called the Kitchen Cabinet. Its flexible, fun and Im learning a lot! My dreams that past few nights have all involved Republicans and Democrats. I have loved becoming more informed about the political world (so make sure you all go out and vote this election!). I feel required to start spreading the word for the company that I work for. So check out the website!!I guess after writing all of this, it has been great.
But its just so hard to compete with Desperate Housewives everyday and 7 Peaks while being the Queen of Lanai.
But maybe this takes a close second.
in other news LFO lead frontman Rich died over the weekend. Im seriously heartbroken over it. They were the greatest one hit wonder and he was so good looking.
But its just so hard to compete with Desperate Housewives everyday and 7 Peaks while being the Queen of Lanai.
But maybe this takes a close second.
in other news LFO lead frontman Rich died over the weekend. Im seriously heartbroken over it. They were the greatest one hit wonder and he was so good looking.
6 comments:
Sounds like a great summer! Congrats on getting a new job you love.
glad i could be such a source of inspiration for your blog. and does sonja appreciate your hoop earrings and the jerk? maybe you could teach it to her.
it's so sad that your summer didn't involve desperate housewives and seven peaks, but i'm glad it was a good one anyway. and thanks for adding me to your summer fun list.
I noticed someone wearing a Giants shirt in one picture. Are you allowed to talk to Giants fans? And I never get in the water at the beach (unless I'm in South Carolina)--it's way too cold.
ha heather you are so right. i usually dont like to associate with giants fans. and dont worry, i definitely booed him at the game along with the other dodger fans even though im friends with him
Found your blog too! If I had my own company, you would totally be hired BECAUSE you say "aint," wear hoop earrings, and of your desire to jerk. : D
Post a Comment