In the span of one week my life took a very big hit with the loss of two friends. Chanel and Taylor. ok that sounds like they died, its not that dramatic. During DC, Chanel and I became such better friends, and two weeks ago she moved out to Palo Alto. I know it was the right thing for her, but I miss her SO much! Its weird driving by her house and not seeing the Aqua Pearl there. Through being in DC together and here in Provo for the past few months, I really considered Cha my best friend. If you know me, you know I love to make lists. So here it goes. Things I love about Cha and why Ill miss her.
1. She is always down for a dance party.
2. She is spontaneous and I love that since Im not at all.
3. In DC Chanel called me out on all of my crap. That I get stressed out way too easily, that I pant like a dog when I get excited, I talk with my hands a little bit too much.
4. When we first lived at Lanai together, my roommates and I thought she was kinda obnoxious and we realized that you could hear her laugh from miles away.
5. Making Chanel laugh makes me so incredibly happy. I feel so accomplished. Like im funny or something.
6. Wait, no. Chanel finally realized that Im funny in DC.
7. She is more girly then I am. Always has to have her lip stick on and nails painted. I like that.
8.She thinks Joseph Smith is her boyfriend.
9. "I look good. Im going out tonight"
10. Sometimes she likes to walk around in her underwear.
11. I take that back, she always walks around half naked and Im totally ok with it.
12. She loves Glee just as much as I do.
13. I helped her pass Sc Ed 377 and 378. Youre welcome.
14. She thinks everything is always about her. And Im always equipped with my camera. So we make a pretty good pair.
15. Chanel loves Taco Bell. And I happen to love the jokes on the hot sauce packs. "Its dark and I can hear voices" Ha. It gets me every time.
16. I may or may not have been dubbed "The All-American Tween" by Chanel during the Summer of Dreams '09.
17. Ms. White...I mean, Ms. Wright, is an AMAZING teacher and totally supports dance parties in class.
And now just last week Taylor moved all the way across the country to New York for the summer and then he is off to Italy for the Fall! (Im just a little jealous of his life.) Taylor has been, hands down, my bestest friend through all of college. Ive known him for almost 5 years and for pretty much 4 of those years Taylor and I have been best friends. Last Friday night I drove Taylor to his sisters, the night before he took off for the big apple, and I was so sad to say goodbye. I definitely bawled all the way back from Highland to Provo. Needless to say it was a hard drive back, and I was pretty emotional the whole weekend. I miss him a ton, and Im totally lost in Provo without him. But he is going to freaking take over New York City! Keep your eyes out in the news, hes gonna be Rihanna's next squeeze and will be staring in GaGa's next video. Here goes my next list....
1.Taylor is easily one of the most good looking people that I know. And I tell him that all the time!
2. He blushes really easily. And is totally blushing right now.
3.He is a musical guru and introduced Lady Gaga into all of our lives.
4. He is the only person that would get me to drop $100 to see Lady Gaga in concert. On the floor. Money spent so well.
5. This one time we almost died in the mountains in between Midway and Park City. So we may have called 911 about it. We were scared. Bad. And still get nervous when we talk about it.
6. During that drive Taylor was so nervous and got anxiety from my seashells around the mirror rattlying, so he made me take them down while we were driving around. To this day every time I go over a bump and they rattle I have to hold on to them.
7. We love Desperate Housewives equally as much.
8. I still miss bagel time and jamba runs.
9. "Why does everyone assume that Im angry all the time. Its called being sassy." Thank You Mercedes. Totally applicable to Tay.
10. He is an incredible dancer! And loves to dance on tables, up against walls, fans blowing in his face, and using the chair from K4.....
11. We like having dance parties to songs like "Gimme More" and "Break the Ice"
12. Taylor and I love dashboard shots.
13. He easily turned me into a restaurant snob.
14. Taylor and I love going to the gym together. It may be an obsession.
15.But then we also love eating at Cafe Rio and getting Twix bars at the gas station and then just saying to each other, "we are so bad" and laughing.
16. Taylor has an amazing singing voice! And its totally normal for him to grab any circular object in his car and use it as a mic as we are driving around the streets of Provo.
17. Wait, he's blushy again.
18. For probably a good 4-5 months Taylor and I had "Guacamole Mondays" which consisted of him buying avocados at the creamery, bringing them to me, and I would make the guac and then we would sit and eat it after school.
19. This one time Taylor and I had a race to see who could get to 600 friends faster on facebook. We are on an adding frenzy!! He beat me. And we still get jealous when we find the other person got a friend request.
20. He is a great listener! Especially when Im sharing my secrets with him. Which I always do.
21. We both like to gossip. And facebook stalk.
22. Taylor's favorite saying is "Im gonna backhand you" Ive heard it way too many times. And ive definitely adopted it as well.
23. He is awesome at Yoga! And got me addicted.
24. He may or may not have taught me how to do laser eyes. Ive seen those too many times as well.
25. Taylor is an incredibly loyal friend and would seriously do anything for any of his friends.
Tay, even though we probably wont ever live in the same city again I really hope we can remain just as good of friends through the years. Im still gonna make you the best man at my wedding!!assuming I ever get married. Youre friendship these past few years has meant more to me than you can know. Love you T. Ho.
look at this gem of a photo! Freshman year!? Circa 05. Probably first picture taken, who knew there would be thousands that would follow.







As you can tell, I MISS THESE TWO!!!
come back to me!
9 comments:
What a very sweet tribute post to your 2 very special friends! Thanks for your visit!
Chanel and Taylor, thanks for being such good BFFs to my little sister. You know she hates change so you better keep in touch.
Two comments: 1. You have poof bangs in all but one picture with Channel. 2. You almost died!!! and called 911!!! What!!!
P.S. I love Channel and Taylor too.
1. why have none of us heard the almost died story. please tell.
2. i am glad i finally got the pleasure of meeting cha and tay. and they lived up to expectations.
3. i hope chanel doesn't feel bad that you coped out on her list at #17 and taylor got a full 25.
4. one great quality about LEIGH is SHE is a great and loyal friend. which is why you have made such good friends in provo.
Ms. White!!! Ha ha, DC just wouldn't have been the same without you two!! Love you both :) We all need to have a dance party the next time we all meet up!!! Leigh, you are an amazing friend! Love ya!
you nailed it...I blushed in both spots!! Thank you for this!! really, makes my living out here much better and brightened my day! youda best!
p.s. i would like one amendment to the T. Ho list: maybe a little thanks to the person who introduced you two? you would not have known him (or at least as soon) if not for ME! AND if i didn't convince him not to hate my roomies freshman year. thank you.
love this post. I miss them too!
Post a Comment