Monday, May 24, 2010

happy birthday baby girls!

I always give a birthday shout out to my nieces and nephews, and I did not forget my two baby nieces but since they are born 9 days apart I decided to combine theirs into one post. Baby Kate turned ONE last thursday! And of course I will never forget when I found out she was on her way to join our family. Kelly desperately calling me telling me to get to Ogden as fast as I could to help watch the big kids. I packed so fast (I even forgot my make up in the process!) and sped the entire way there. I was so happy to meet Kate in the hospital and help out the next couple of days when Kelly and Wade brought her home. She is so beautiful, sweet and I am absolutely in love with her big blue eyes and long eyelashes. Now Mama Mia will be turning ONE this saturday! We found out Laura was in labor when Mom was in Utah helping Kelly with Kate and while we were at our cousins wedding. I wasnt able to meet Mia until about a month later when I came home to visit and attend her blessing. She is equally as sweet as Kate and I just love her cute button nose and her chubby legs. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRLS! I can not wait for you to grow up and get to know you and be the best aunt for you!
Baby Kate in the hospital
Baby Mia on her blessing day.
Since Im still residing in Provo for the next little bit I was able to go to Ogden this weekend to go to Kate's first birthday party. Kelly and I made fabulous cupcakes and one big cookie. It was so fun to celebrate Kate being in our family and see Kelly and the kids.

Ella and I also had some "just us girls" time. As you know Im mildly obsessed with painting my nails and since my nails were due for a new color I suggested we paint our nails together. We both took off our polish, I filed her nails and then painted her hands and toes. So fun to help my little princess.

I also spend lots of time with sweet Drewbie. We played hangman together. Drewbie started explaining the rules to me, not accurately, and as he wouldnt let me explain the real rules to him, I said to Kelly "your child is impossible to play this game with." Her response "Well it would help if he could read." Oh ya. Ha. i forgot about that minor detail.

But I just couldnt resist talking lots of photos of him. He is just too cute and sweet. And LOVES to lick me. Which I guess I deserve since I thought I was hilarious licking my sisters when I was younger. karma.


This is my favorite facial expression of him! This is him playing the staring game. Which he is not very good at.

3 comments:

kelly l said...

another great post. i love the picture of kate with the weird face with her banner in the background. you still need to upload pictures for me. i love you lots and i'm so glad you were here for kate's birthday and for her real birth-day. you're the best.

Laura said...

ahhh, cute post. kel - did you make that banner? that is really cute. and leigh, i wish i saw a better pic of you because that shirt you are wearing looks really cute. and i just had to laugh out loud about drew. i could just see him explaining the rules. he is terrible at playing games, no less games at which he lacks the ability. and the licking, yes, karma. and those pics of him, classic.

BBS said...

Leigh--I just love this post and photos! You are the sweetest Aunt ever! I need an update from you on what you decided to do???