Going along with tradition I need to write a dedicatory post about how amazing my mom is on this special day. One of my few faults that I have are buying presents. I suck at it. And so normally I did not get around to buying my mom a present, I know im a terrible daughter. Instead I will share with the blogging world how amazing my mom is and a couple of things that make me love her so much.
1. My mom LOVES taking naps and needs one every single day. I have so many memories of coming home from school and we would both watch Buffy together on tv and then take a nap afterwards.
2. Even though she takes a nap every day she always falls asleep on the couch every night at 9pm.
3. While sleeping on the couch Dad and I love trying to talk to her and hear the ridiculous comments she makes while she is sleeping.
4. Usually we like to tell her about the "rugrat kids running through the house with their dirty shoes on", or my personal favorite "someone just ran through the house and stole your porcelain polar bear"
5. Mom is the most organized person that i know and the biggest neat freak. As much as we love to make fun of her about it, I absolutely love coming home to a house that is in the most impeccable condition.
6. Dad and I tend to tease her a lot, and she takes it like a total champ.
7. She has a guilty pleasure of reading People magazine which she has definitely imparted on her three girls. She is also addicted to doing the crossword puzzles in the back.
8. Mom has an amazing sense of style and has a fabulous collection of shoes and jewelery.
9. Pretty much all of my cute clothes were picked out by my mom and I hate going shopping without her.
10. She lets me throw my empty drink bottles on the kitchen floor during dinner.
11. She complains about Mexican Train throughout the whole game but will always (usually, unless she wants to go to bed) will play with us.
12. She has told me numerous times that if she had to she would scrub toliets in order to provide for her family if she had to.
13. She participated in study abroad in college and loved it so much she had my sisters and I do one too which was definitely a highlight of my life.
14. One of my favorite pieces of advice she told me during college was "kiss all of the boys Leigh, I kissed lots of boys in college."
15. She is still totally smitten with my Dad and definitely always shows it. She still thinks "Danny Robins is the cutest boy she has ever seen"
16. She loves getting pedicures. We once celebrated her birthday --just the two of us-- by getting pedicures and then eating at Islands, where between the two of us ate all of the cheese fries, our meal and then shared a Kona Pie. Something else she loves--mocha flavored foods something else we all share in the fam.
17. My mom loves to swear. And will never be ashamed to admit what her favorite swear word is.
18. She spoils me. And Im alright admitting to that. She has always told me that I am the "icing on the cake" in our family and that our family wasn't complete until I came.
19. She would do absolutely anything for our family and always always always puts our needs in front of hers.
20. She has an amazing testimony of the gospel and I have never doubted that for a second.

She is the most amazing Mom and I am ever so grateful. She has raised a three great daughters, two of which have gone on to be great moms themselves. Mom, I love you so much and couldn't ask for anyone better. Thanks for being so generous, quirky at times and someone that I love talking to and laughing with. This list could easily go on and on, maybe Ill continue it for your birthday. Thanks for all that you have done for me. I am thankful for you each and everyday and wish more than anything that I was home right now to make you dinner.
happy mother's day.
LOVE YOU MOM.
and i swear ill be you a real present next time im home...
5 comments:
my favorite is that half of your list is about mom napping. i love that you admit to being spoiled. but my real favorite is throwing bottles on the kitchen floor. that was a great post. no wonder you're spoiled, you're such a great daughter. love ya.
Thanks Leigh, I am very touched by your post. You are definitely on my "favorite" list. I love you so much and you already know how lucky I am to have you for a daughter.
you are on her favorite list, right below me. which is saying a lot :) cute and sweet post. and i laughed a lot because so true. love you! and we do have a great mom.
sorry, that was obviously laura.
I love this post Leigh--and I am sure it is the very best gift your mom received! It was beautiful and heartfelt. I too have always loved and admired your mom and she has always been an example to me that I looked up to. She is just amazing and beautiful!!
Post a Comment