Thursday, February 11, 2010

im falling in love

again. with Jason Castro. From like Day 1 of American Idol two years ago I was in love with the awkward guy with dread locks. And so its a good thing that Ive got Taylor--my music guru--to fill me in on the latest happenings in the music biz. When I was informed that "my man" Castro was gonna be in SLC, i just couldnt pass it up--especially with tickets at 10 bucks. I downloaded his new songs and then my new and awesome roommate Aubrey and I hit the road to be serenaded. Little did I know that the venue, Kilby Court, not only was on the most sketch street ive ever been on but was also an intimate venue! I was about to get an up close and personal show! Before the concert started Aubrey and I noticed that outside the venue was two other small shacks, which we quickly determined to be "back stage." Next thing I know, Jason Castro is opening the door and walking literally 10 feet away from me. With all of this excitement I naturally began to jump up and down, hyperventilate and although I cant exactly recall, Im sure weird noises were emanating from me. Jason Castro came out second to play and of course I nudged my way up pretty close so that only like 3 people were standing in between Jason and I. He was so great! So adorable and funny and really good live. He sang probably about 7 songs, the ones off his new EP and two songs that he sang at American Idol. I obviously was super giddy during his whole show. But just wait. It gets better. After I saw him before the show I swore that I had to walk away from this concert with a picture with him. Sure enough after the show he went across the way to where they were selling his album and he waited inside there and took photos with everyone that wanted one and signed autographs. So happy! Seriously, best $10 Ive ever spent.

4 comments:

Laura said...

i am so glad we have both now had the opportunity of touching his nasty dread locks. and what is up with the aluminum siding and christmas lights...it looks a little sketch. aside from the venue with the fancy white board announcing the acts, I do in fact like that song he sang.

kelly l said...

i'm glad you had fun. i like the shirt you were wearing. it's super cute. i think you need to give it to me.

Allison Barker said...

I am so glad you were THERE! thanks for the pics.

PS-- his is really is nasty.... haha-- but it's one of the reasons you love him, right?

N. Slade said...

girl all i have to say is you would :) Ha ha that venue is really ghetto, i've been there plenty of times. i love his smile ha ha