Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back in P-Town

Well it officially had to end. I am no longer livin the DC life. As of two weeks "livin the life" has changed again for now the 4th time. I contemplated many different variates including "livin the adult life" and as my family suggested, "livin the unemployed life"--oh wait, that life changed as of yesterday! I interviewed and accepted a job as a Teacher's Assistant at Oak Canyon Jr High in Lindon and couldn't be more excited about it! Even though I wont be teaching I am just excited to be back in a school and working with students. I miss Wilson so much because I miss going to school everyday and working with my kids. So I cant wait to start working and purchasing an Oak Canyon sweatshirt is first on the agenda! Go eagles! So since I will be entering the workforce as of Monday and as of today my degree was FINALLY posted on BYUs website I think its fitting that my blog is "livin the college grad life" So far being a college grad is great! Being back in Provo has been a little bitter sweet. Its been great to have my friends to hang out with, have a car to drive around and be back in my comfort zone, but it sucks when I tell people that Im graduated and their response is: "why are you back in Provo?" I just dont know. But now that I have a job it will makes things a bit more legit. Ive been here now for two weeks, been able to hang out with pretty much all of my friends, eaten at J Dawgs, gone to Ogden and then peaced out of p town for a few days and went to Vegas.

Vegas highlights include:
walking the strip.
dancing out in front of the Bellagio water show.
conquering red rock.
eating the best steak ever at Bon Ami at the Paris hotel.
having my first energy drink and getting really wild.
making inappropriate comments whilst drinking said energy drink.
dancing like WOAH at Zowie Bowie.
watching an 80 year old drunk women attempt to dance at Zowie Bowie.
dancing on stage with Zowie Bowie and falling in love with him.
walking the strip again.
laughing and snapping photos all weekend long.

oh and its my birthday. happy birthday to me! my sister wrote a little tribute post to me, including many great photos of us....

2 comments:

Laura said...

man, living the college grad life sounds pretty sweet. matt mucked that up for me. i was living the "breadwinner life" after college. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have I said that yet? when people ask why you are back in provo, i think you should say something to make them feel uncomfortable, like "to get married, obviously."

kelly l said...

yeah, my living the college grad life wasn't that cool either. living in our crappy villa rose apartment and commuting to sandy. i'm glad you had fun in vegas and wade wanted to know why you were "rearending" someone in that picture of you dancing. happy bday girlfriend.