This past week my Dad had a great idea for a family activity--going on a hike to the local Three Trees. I have lived in Granada Hills my whole life and had never done this hike until this summer when I went with the GH kids. Although I am not an outdoorsy person by any means, for some reason I have developed a "like" to hiking on well maintained paths and relatively easy terrains (think back to my biweekly hike of the Y over the summer). So with this, I was all down for hiking Three Trees with Mom and Pops. We went this past Tuesday, December 29. Freaking last week of December and I hiked in shorts and a t-shirt. Why am I leaving California to go to the snow? It was such a beautiful day in Southern California. There was even some beautiful Valley smog out in the air, which allowed for only the outline of downtown LA to be seen in the distance. Nevertheless I LOVE the view from the top of Three Trees. It was a great family hike, although Dad immediately left us in the dust and Mom complained the entire time.
This is my attempt at my picture of the day--although I have already failed as I am posting this days after the fact.
2 comments:
mom complained the whole time? shocking.
i was about to make the same comment as laura. i'm glad you had fun hiking and you should definitely do a picture of the day. it will be awesome.
Post a Comment