January.
Started out my last semester of college classes at BYU! Had some kinda hard classes at BYU but had a terrible schedule! Went through some major and interesting issues with boys that I was not expecting to happen. In the beginning of the month I made the decision to apply to DC! I got my dream job of working as a TA for History 201, World Civ and loved it! And most importantly, celebrated my GOLDEN birthday!
February.Went to Vegas with the Lanai Crew over Valentine's Weekend. Im sorry, no valentines date.
March. The Lanailhilators dominated in BYU intramural soccer! I started my teaching practicum at a middle school. Went to Spring Training with the fam and LOVED escaping the cold, being in the presence of legit fans, watching the dodgers. and oh ya, getting my photo taken with Clayton Kershaw.


April.
Started the month out with snow. Yuck. Endured the last month of school. Went to at 1920's party with Trent Hope during Finals Week. Had my last day of college classes and barely studied for finals. I finished finals in like two days and partied the rest of the week. Went home for a week to attend my best friend Jennalyn's wedding. And ended college with getting the best grades I have ever gotten in school. yayy!

May.
Stayed in Provo and worked as a substitute in the Provo School District and loved it. Got paid to hang out with little kids and watch movies. Lost my two best friends to missions but gained a new best friend by having Allie Barker move in with me at Lanai! Allie and I apprehended a bike at Lanai, lots of bike rides to the park and library ensued. I loved my bike! Became an aunt again, and then nine days later became an aunt again. And loved meeting Kate right at the hospital and being a mom to the other kiddies for a few days. Went to like three concerts.
June.
Sometime this month I discovered that Desperate Housewives was played on Lifetime at 10 and 11 in the morning, and yes, I did jump out of bed every morning at 10 to watch and sadly some days missed the episode at 10. Started to count my pennies to attend the Stadium of Fire with the Jonas Brothers! Literally, counted all of my coins. Once I got free tickets from Taylor, I cashed in my coins for a season pass to 7 Peaks to work on my tan!
July.
Brought out my inner tween and saw the Jonas Brothers! and LOVED it. Had THE best time in Provo celebrating the 4th of July. We strolled Center St, partied at 7-11 and then had a dance party in the rain at like 3 in the morning at Lanai. Spent a week and half in CA for my best friends Whitney's wedding in Newport, then a few days at home. Then joined by the Lanai gang for the best weekend ever!! Dodger game, swimming at the pool and Coldplay!! Oh and continued to go the Peaks like everyday..JPG)
August.
Started out be leaving Lanai and Provo and crying the whole drive home to California. But it got better by going to the YSA conference my first weekend back. Spent my first week eating hot dogs at Dodger Stadium. Thats right, 4 games in 5 days. Three of which were dates with different boys. yayyy. Spent a weekend in SD with the fam. And then...off to DC!!
September.
Officially living in DC. Enjoyed the sites and touring before we had to worry about school. Got away without teaching for the whole first month of student teaching. haha. Went on lots of dates! Saw the Dodgers play the Nationals.
.JPG)
October.
Started teaching World History everyday at the beginning of the month. Loved my class but kinda hit a wall towards the end of the month. Went on even more dates, pretty much on a daily basis. Began to teach US History everyday at the end of the month. Mom and Dad came to visit me over Halloween weekend and loved showing them around the amazing city that I got to live in. Did not party for Halloween and was super bummed about it. Got over my teaching difficulties and began to love it again.
November.
Kurt came to visit and we had the BEST time! Such a great weekend. Had a great Thanksgiving break hanging out with Jessica and the Barkers even though my family didnt love me enough to fly me to Utah. 
.JPG)
December.
Chanel began to teach with me in my classes. We had so much fun! Had lots of drama with my situation at school. Left DC and was terribly sad to leave everything about it--my roommates, apartment, ward, friends, the sites and especially my students. Came back home and hung out with Laura, Mia and Chase everyday. Christmas!! and of course, partied for New Years with an awesome party that Alyssa and I planned in a day.
Evidence that this was a great year!! I had so much fun and did A TON of amazing things!! This year seriously went by too fast. Last year I had a plan--i knew what was going to happen for me. This year, i have NO idea what is going to happen in my life. This is the first year in my entire life (not counting the first like 3 years of life) that I have not been in school. Weird. I dont know what kind of a job I am going to get or where I will be living. But nonetheless, I guess Im excited.
Sidenote--sorry this is kinda long, but it was kinda fun for me. and Taylor, Im sorry there are no bullet points.
4 comments:
WOW!!! What a great year!
2010 will be just as great, and I will look forward to another lengthy post January 2011.
you definitely had a great year. full of boys and parties and fun. kind of jealous. ella just asked me if that picture of you at thanksgiving was you or me. actually i thought 2009 was a good year too. you'll do great in your plan-free 2010.
aren't you glad you aren't married? and your may through august sounded real rough. not sure how you got through that.
shame shame, you know your name!
Post a Comment