
I stole this bottle of vaseline from my parents probably around high school because I got addicted to putting putting vaseline on every night before I went to bed. I was under the impression that my parents bought this bottle while they were first married. WRONG. My father informed me a few years back that he stole it from his parents house, meaning that my

grandparents bought it. In what year you ask? who knows. But bottom line is, its old. I use it everyday multiple times throughout the day, and about two weeks I finally used every single bit of it and there is absolutely none left. It's probably like 50 years old, and now its all gone. I love this bottle because it was something of my grandparents, ones that I never met. I am very sad that the legacy of my vintage vaseline bottle is over, but ill keep using it for some other purpose--cause you know, I cant get rid of it--that would mean change, and ending a tradtion, and we all know I cant handle that.
8 comments:
I don't know what to comment on first...the fact that Dad actually kept that for so long (which actually does not surprise me) or that you have been using it for that long. does vaseline not have an expiration date? hopefully you don't get cancer. and i am not surprised that you are keeping the bottle.
I made a post! know how can I follow you or get peoples names on the side?? Just what I need, another online activity to waste away my time!
I totally agree with Laura on this one... laughed so hard thinking how old this vaseline is! Hilarious!
hahahahhaha DUDE, best post yet for sure, hands down, 10! hahaha. its so tru though, vasaline comes in handy at all the right times and it does indeed last forever I feel like!!!!!
As I began to read your blog, I thought, "leigh can never throw that bottle out!" Glad you agree. PS. The reason that bottle has been aroung so long, is that it was a LARGE bottle of vaseline, It would take 50 years to use. Its now vintage.
Leigh, I actually threw up in my mouth when I read this post. The thought of you putting a solidified liquid substance on your face that is more then 40 years old makes my stomach churn. Where do you put it on? Your lips, and you kiss boys with that on them?
the whole time i thought that there were dead bugs in the bottom of the bottle in the second picture and could not figure out why no one commented on how gross that was. but then i clicked on the picture and saw that they were just holes. but it totally looks like two dead box elder bugs. anyhoo, i hope you didn't cry too much since you hate change and all. good luck loving a new bottle of vaseline.
i have used this for so long and nothing bad has happened to me yet! so im sure i am fine. and yes, i only use this at night so no need to really worry and i havent kissed anyone in a while, so we dont have to worry too much about that!!
Post a Comment