There are few things in life that I really really love.
Ok, I take that back. I do love quite a lot of things.
And easily get excited over things I love.
However, towards the top of the list is California and my nieces and nephews.
Combine those things, and you've got one happy Leigh.
I also love working for a school. Giving me the opportunity to be home with my little California kiddies for a long time.
Upon arrival to Los Angeles, the first thing I ditched were my Uggs.
No need for those when temps are in the 70s and I need to soak up as much warm weather as much as possible.
The Christmas days were spent at Laura's new home in the OC. Its a little weird that she lives there now. But since I have still seen her everyday since I've been here, it hasn't completely affected me.
I love spending Christmas Eve with the kids. I love that as soon as they go to bed so excited, we turn into Santa's Workshop. I really don't do much except watch the real adults put together the toys. But I do love to be Santa and eat his cookies and carrots.
I got the privilege of sleeping with Chase on Christmas Eve. He woke up three times in the night in excitement. After the fact, it was really cute and I loved how sweet and excited he was. During the night it wasn't so fun.
Christmas morning is always so exciting with the kids. I loved seeing how happy they were. And was perfectly content to hold Lyla throughout most of the morning.
I was able to spend the next few days at Laura's house enjoying time with the kids.
We stayed in our jammies till noon, watched movies and cuddled.
Rode bikes and scooters to the park,
swam in the pool
and even went to the beach.
It was so perfect.
I am still trying to get in as much cuddles, short-wearing and sun soaking in as much as possible.

















2 comments:
All things I LOVE about SoCal too. So wish I could travel to/live there with all of the benefits of my current life (low cost of living and a happy husband). I'm glad you had such a great time. It made me jealous!
Awww great pics and so happy we have had some fun times and great weather
Post a Comment