Months ago, Abby and Aubry convinced me to sign up for the Dirty Dash mud run.
I signed up thinking that it was a waaay different type of race than I have ever done before and it would be fun to do something different.
I thought otherwise on the drive up as anxiety and hyperventilating started trying to prepare for the unknown...as well as the known...I was about to get real dirty!
We ran the 10k course and it was full of tons of big hills, obstacles and big pools of dirty mud.
The first mile was probably the longest mile of my life!
I did not think that we would be able to conquer the other 5 miles but the obstacles and constant throwing of mud onto each other helped get us through.
Some of our obstacles included jumping over lots of hay, climbing over walls via a rope, jumping over large walls with no rope, running through tires, climbing through tunnels and a huge rope ladder.
I basically felt like I was in some sort of army boot camp.
{coming in to the finish line}
And then between all of that we would have to cross huge puddles of mud that would go as high as our chest, run uphill in mud which mostly resulted in climbing on your hands and knees so you could make it up and just straight throwing mud at each other.
Before doing the run I did not understand how you got so muddy, it just didnt seem possible but looking back I am surprised I didnt get more in my eyes (which hurt, real bad) or eat some more! (also happened and was gross)
Abby and Aubry kept making fun of me by saying I was turning into a brunette. Not funny. And they tried to get as much mud in my hair as possible. Not cool. I had just washed it...like two days ago!
{I was NOT expecting AubDawg to jump in like that! But at this point..what does it matter!?}
it was pretty dang strenuous run too. I am proud to say we ran the whole time and with the obstacles it was quite the workout. I definitely woke up sore the next morning.
A shout out to Rudy for coming along and snapping so many great pics! Although I am disappointed I couldnt convince to do the race along side of us as our official photographer for the actions shots.
The one thing that got me through this race was always been able to see my hot pink nail polish through all of the mud! After each mud bath I would make sure to wipe the mud off my nails! This LA girl had to have your nails looking good!
One of the best parts was our celebrity siting at the end!
We ran into Brooks, the token SLC contestant from the Bachelorette this season.
He was way nice and I think a lot cuter in person than on TV. And thats saying something since he was covered in mud!
Overall, the race was so much fun. Way more fun than I had anticipated.
And who wouldnt have fun getting down and dirty!?












4 comments:
Oh my goodness! What fun to see and read about! As Grandma Jytta would say "Way to go, Leigh!"
Mud runs are super fun! I did one last year and now just running a regular race is a little...boring. I'm glad you got nice and dirty.
Not quite sure you talked me into doing this. Nice brooks sighting! Did you get any inside scoops? Glad you had fun
Can't believe you saw Brooks, I am so jelly. He is on my fantasy team.
Post a Comment