I was talking to Heather Fay a few weeks ago on the phone, catching up and talking about life. And of course we started discussing running {since her husband is like an insane runner} and Heather casually said that she thought it would be cool to run a marathon, 26.2 miles, during your 26th year.
I gasped.
I am 26 now! And almost half way through my year.
How have I never thought of that before!?
I thought it was such a cool idea.
And before I know it, I couldn't stop thinking about a marathon.
I looked some up and then just decided I had to do it.
I signed up to run a marathon.
Running 26 miles and 26 years old.
I was always adamant against running marathons. I thought they were crazy.
But I was at one time against Ragnar and even half-marathons.
And we all know how that worked out.
I like to think of myself as a yo-yo runner.
Sometimes I am great at it and want to do it all the time.
And then weeks go by and realize I haven't thought about running once!
I only like it when I am good at it. And even then, I usually curse myself when I am out running for a long time. I think I really only love running when I get to run at the beach and unfortunately with my current circumstances that cant happen as frequently as I would like anymore. But training is always a good reason to get good at it once again.
I am slated to run the Cottonwood Marathon on September 14th.
I am actually really excited--excited to get back in the hang out it, to run with my camelback!, to accomplish something bigger and of course add to my medal collection. AND! my good friend Mo Milla just signed up to run it with me!
Training begins this week!
6 comments:
you're going to do great!! Wahoo!
Good luck! That's awesome.
Good for you!! Another accomplishment to add to your list!
Awesome'! I was a little surprised, but very excited for you!!!
You're going to do awesome. Just stick to your plan and I'll be there to finish it off.
awesome! good for you! thats a cool idea, i may have to join you, or push it off a littler longer.
Post a Comment