I have no shame in admitting that my birthday is my favorite time of the year.
Ok, maybe a little shame in the fact that there's a day that is all about ME.
But thats the great thing about birthdays. Everyone has that day and we get to use it as an excuse to be a little prideful for just a day.
Or a week if you choose....
I just love January 22.
But of course like every year, it gets a tad bit less exciting.
Like this year. 26 just for reals seems too old.
{now only 4 years till..}
I wish I could go back to my golden years sometimes.
That being said, I may or may not have had some pre-birthday blues which I was trying so hard to fight off.
But needless to say, it still turned out to be a great birthday.
Birthday celebrations kicked off a few days before with a great skiing day with Cortney.
I love being close to her again and that we can hang out!
Cort hooked me up with a free ski pass from Paul's work and let me borrow boots and poles to go with my new skis.
It was a great and warm day on the mountain and I didn't feel too rusty.
{Being above the inversion made for such a great day!}
Its so funny to think that we have been best friends and the "roommates" since we were 18!!
My actual birthday was filled with working and hearing lots and lots of "Happy Birthday Ms. Robins!" {which that alone can make my day!} due to my favorite co-worker bringing me balloons to work and my boss treating me to a little piece of home with In-N-Out for lunch.
I got to FaceTime with some of my favorite little ones.
And celebrated with some of my favorite pizza and friends.
For me the greatest part of birthdays is just the reminder of how blessed I am with so many wonderful friends and a stellar family that love me, and of course I love in return.
I was bombarded with so many texts, phone calls and FB posts that sure did make me feel special, but more importantly made me grateful for those friendships. I am always blown away at how lucky I am for having the greatest friends. Thanks for helping me love my birthday!
Here's to being one year older...and wiser too.









4 comments:
And happy birthday...like a week late. You're a babe. And after reading lots of Laura's blog, I kind of look forward to being 30...only 2 years for me
Glad you had such a great birthday! I still owe you part 2 of your present. Something to look forward to? I always get a tad of bday blues. And I think heather just gave me the best compliment ever.
I'm glad you had a great birthday. Sorry you had the birthday blues. And I'm a little offended that there was no shout out to spending pre-birthday time with your favorite Ogden family. Boo. Whatevs. Love you anyway.
So glad you had a great birthday!! By the way, you are still sooo young!! Enjoy it.
Post a Comment