Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What about Bob?

About a month ago my sweet and caring Uncle Bob passed away and my parents and I flew to Utah to attend his funeral. 
Uncle Bob has battled cancer for over 20 years, and so although we knew this day would come, it is always sad to lose a beloved family member. 
Bob fought a good fight and every memory I have with Bob he was always smiling, happy and nothing ever got him down. 
He was always genuinely excited to see him and always knew he cared about me.
Aunt DeAnn and Uncle Bob
Our family a looooong time ago.

One of the things I was impressed most with during the funeral were how highly his children spoke of Bob while growing up.
Two things that stuck out the most and in which I would like to emulate after my Uncle Bob:
His children never heard him swear. ever.
He was kind to everyone and never said a bad thing to anyone. He really followed the motto if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all.
Those are some good qualities.
Robins siblings.
DeAnn and her children.
As you can tell Aunt DeAnn has always been so loving and fun. This is one of my favorite pictures of us together. I know she is a strong woman, and although we will all miss Bob we will see him again someday. I am always grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and for eternal families. 
we love you Uncle Bob and will miss you. 

3 comments:

kelly l said...

That's a great post, Leigh. I was equally impressed and touched by all the things our cousins said about their Dad. And that was one fantastic Keropi sweatshirt you had going on.

Laura said...

a sweet post. and makes me sad all over again that i wasn't there.

BBS said...

What a sweet tribute! I love the photos!