Monday, March 5, 2012

the weekend.

this weekend was a pretty good. 
no outlandish traveling
or big outings planned
but a weekend with great California weather 
with family and friends 
and perhaps even the beach.
Doesnt get much better than that. 

On Friday, we celebrated my sweet nephew Chase's 5th birthday.
He is adorable, funny and my little buddy.
he cracks me up. look at my most recent fb status for proof.
gives me great hugs and lots of kisses. 
seems like yesterday Kelly and I flew home to surprise Laura in meeting Chase for the first time as a brand new babe. 
Apparently it was already 5 years ago. But I feel like it just happened. 

Beach was on Saturday. 
I took Shylettera to Venice Beach for her first time. 
As always, the crazy homeless and hippies were out in full force
allowing Shy to enjoy the Venice strand in all of its glory
which is exactly why I love it so much. As well as all of the vendors too.
Shy touched the {freezing} water. I refused. 
But we still sat on the sand and enjoyed the perfect 75 degree temps 
hopefully this summer weather is here to stay. 

Enjoyed some more 80+ weather on Sunday for a bit. 
And enjoyed these cute kinds even more. 

hope you had a great weekend too!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Loved those pics. Never saw the last 3. And no shout out to the biggest event of the weekend?

Heather said...

you took a southern belle to Venice Beach?! I love that place for all it's weirdness :)

kelly l said...

don't post pictures of baby lyla. they make me too sad. and i was just telling my friend about our surprise trip to CA when chase was a newborn. that was fun.