I kept up my out of town persona, and went back to Sin City two weekends ago.
I love having a vacation home in Vegas via my friendship with Shylettera.
This time around we took Rudy along with us and had a great time.
We of course hit Peggy Sue's on the way there {biscuits and gravy were calling our names!} And then mostly just chilled, hit the strip for some great shopping and dinner, had two grand outings and decorated Shy's Christmas tree.
Our first field trip: Las Vegas Temple.
In all of my times to Vegas I have never seen the temple but have always really wanted to see it. So we set up an appointment for baptisms and although had some bumps on the road {i.e. forgotten recommends} we got there!
And of course with the combo of the spirit, a beautiful setting and some really nice people, the place did not disappoint.
I also got to run into the former Jenesee O'Bryant!
A Lanai alum and neighbor. I miss hanging out, our great chats and her doing my hair.
Sunday's field trip: the Hoover Dam.
During our shopping spree Saturday night, I saw a sign for the Dam, and jokingly said we should go there. Next thing I knew everyone was on board! I was surprised at how cool it was to be at the dam. And it was super fun to have Shy's friend Lauren come along with us to snap some great photos as well as have great {and much needed} girl talk.
Some favorite moments while there: the massive bridge we walked across which over looks the dam,
being in Arizona and Nevada on the same day and even at the exact same time
dropping a Cheez-It down the dam (in hopes that it would slide right down) to be pleasantly surprised that the wind coming off the dam shot the cheez-it right up as it was propelled in the air. Not pictured. But a great moment for us.
Some moments that did disappoint: not saying nearly enough DAM jokes while we were there.



















4 comments:
I so jealous you got to see Jenesee and Bards! Wish I was there with you...
fun times for you. i need some pictures of like a boring day for once.
boring days never exist.
Ok. That dam is really "dam" cool. I wish I never had boring days too!
Post a Comment