Wednesday, November 9, 2011

double the Robyn.

As mentioned previously, when I was in Sacramento, I was on a strict time frame to get me home.
I had accidentally overbooked myself that weekend with the wedding on Friday night 
and tickets to the Robyn concert on Saturday night. 
Im obsessed with Robyn.
She makes me want to dance. 
She helps me get over boys. 
Perfect Combo. 
And when Taylor told me he was going, I couldnt pass up on the chance to dance alongside Taylor to some Robyn jams. 
I got back from Sac Town just in time to change and get me on a shuttle bus to the Hollywood Bowl. 
The bowl was packed. The beats were great and the lights helped us rage all night long.

Rebbie, Taylor and I even snuck down to some better seats which made the show so much better. 

Robyn always puts on a good show and Im always completely carried away with her lyrics and dance moves. 
The show got even better by running into Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser. 
(my dad and I are a little obsessed with the show)
I grabbed his arm, "Are you BOB!?" 
I have no shame. 

However, as Tay and I had both just attended our THIRD Robyn concert, we both agreed we were done with her shows {for now} until she comes up with a new setlist, new songs. 
Then about three days later, Taylor sends me this screenshot:

MTV performance of Robyn. 
Halloween.
Secret Location. 
Free tickets. 
Admits TWO. 

Screw what we said earlier. COUNT ME IN. 
We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into but I thought this sounded too awesome to pass up. 
Turns out the "secret location" was the biggest Halloween party pretty much in the entire country. The West Hollywood Carnaval. 

And Taylor and I had just scored free tickets to be front row at the Robyn concert. Located at the heart of the carnaval. 

Seeing Robyn so up close and personal make the show about 100x's better. 
Those dance moves kill! 
You can watch her performance here
Look for Taylor and I at the side of the stage. 
We braved the carnaval crowd for a bit. It was crazy. Like the most people I had ever seen. If you know anything about WeHo, you know it was a little scary and yet awesome. 

Halloween is in my top three favorite holidays {followed closely after my birthday and Christmas}
Its all about dressing up in clothes you cant get away with any other time of the year, and {now that Im older} all about dancing and partying. Some of my favorite things. 
Combine that with an awesome Robyn concert, my hippie costume, and hanging out with Taylor. 
pretty fun night!
I loved Halloween and I love Robyn concerts.
But I think I will take a break now that I have been to four...


5 comments:

T. Hoyt said...

dancing on our own for dayssssss!!!! two SOLID, SOLID performances!!!! and your new bff Bob. you could've got seriously lucky w him...in your dreams! haha i kid.

B said...

Wait, You are friends with Rebbie? I'm BFF with her old sister!

Heather said...

You look just like Kelly in these pictures. Crazy...well not really, you are sisters.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kelly l said...

were you spelling carnival wrong on purpose? just checking. and you're crazy.