Wednesday, December 22, 2010

faux roommates.

A couple of months ago I was venting to my friend Rudy about not having enough close girlfriends here in LA. Granted this was just more recently after moving back, but I still felt like I was lacking a good group of close girl BFFs.
His response was “I can see you becoming good friends with Mindy”
“Ya me too. I like her. I want to become better friends with her.”
Mindy is from Sandy. Moved her just a few weeks before me to be a nanny for a lady in the stake.

She is bomb.

Super funny. Super cute. Amazing dancer. Always up for a party. Loves talking about boys. Gives awesome advice.

We started hanging out more. Dodger games. Sleepover at my house. Robyn concert. Girls Night Out. Temple trip. Dances.

The more we hung out the more I loved this girl.

Two weeks ago she called me in a panic. See the lady she works for is an absolute wench. Problems happened and as a result Mindy and this family were parting. She packed her bags and that night she moved in with me.  Unfortunately I had to work most of the days she was living with me. But when night time came and we were all hanging out with friends I absolutely loved turning to Mindy and saying “ready to go home?” like we were legit roommates.

On Monday I didn’t have to work and the forecast was about 80 degrees. With that, we headed to the beach. In December. Need I say more? We had the most amazing time. I think Mindy and I repeatedly said, “This is the BEST day ever” We could not have had more fun.

We walked the pier.

Rode bikes along the strand.

Walked on the sand. Felt the water.

And took a ridiculous amount of photos.

It was the perfect day. So much fun. Lots of laughs. Good chats. Good shopping. And a great way to go out of California with a bang.

The horrible part of all of this is that after living together for a week we became even better friends and I loved her even more! And then she had to leave and move back to Utah.

I miss you Mindy!
Come back to LA.
And lets be roomies again. But for reals this time. Not in my parent’s house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah! i loved this blog!!! it was way to cute. and pictures were awesome as well :D

Laura said...

sad. i love mindy too. at least you still have me :)

Tela said...

I'm sad that Mindy left you, at least you had a great time together!! Come visit Utah you have tons of places to stay.. cute pictures by the way!!