Tuesday, October 20, 2009

this is my life.

yup. we are jump roping. in our apartment. this fun lasted quite some time, even got a little double dutch action going as well.
some more highlights from this past week at school:
I told my students that they needed to be on their best behavior when my supervisor comes in to evaluate me so that I can look like a great teacher, to which they replied "why do you need to be evaluated, youre a such a great teacher!"
my student mayra told me that she has learned so much since I have started teaching her class
taught my students about Romanticism and compared music today to music during that time period. We listened to music and talked about how it is expressing emotion--just like during the Romantic period. While listening to music my students and I sang and danced. my favorite moment was when everyone was singing and swaying their hands back and forth.
we watched a clip of Nicholas Nickleby to discuss realism, after the clip everyone was asking for more. i must be doing something right.
My students asked me to do The Jerk (youtube it for those that dont know what it is) They didnt believe me that I could do it. So i gave them a little tease and did two steps. Three of the boys bowed their arms down to my while everyone was freaking out over it.
Two of my favorite students said today that they only came to school today to come to my class because it is so fun and they really like it. victory points for ms. robins
this probably takes the cake. found out on friday that two boys in the AP class stole my phone and got my cell phone number. they think they are so smooth.
if you want more updates or more in detail. you will just have to call me to find out more about my exciting life.

4 comments:

Laura said...

glad i don't live below you. so glad you love teaching. heard most of those stories since i DO call you, but nice to hear them again.

Laura said...

and i had to you tube The Jerk. I guess i am so not cool.

kelly l said...

i'm SOOO glad that you're having a good time teaching. and i'm also thinking that you ought to teach junior high so that you don't have any more high school boys chasing you. sorry about the dodgers. love ya!

Bridgette Nicole said...

Oh I bet you are a fabulous teacher!! I would want to learn more about that stuff too, sounds like you make it fun! And I think your friend Kelly is right about the grade level, those boys won't stop. :)