Tuesday, September 8, 2009

video video

As most of you know President Obama held a nation wide speech directed to all students across the entire country today. As I am now an emerging part of the american school system I watched this broadcast during lunch. I thought the speech was very interesting and powerful, but that is not the subject of this post. The point is that while watching, a television news crew came to Wilson High to video tape the students watching the video and their reaction. I was able to find this video online and posted it below (Another cool thing is that he delivered his speech from Arlington! The school that he was about is just a little west of us. It was so crazy to watch it and realize that I LIVE in Arlington!). This is a really cool video, not because of the focus on Obama, but that it shows you what Wilson High School looks like!! I was so excited to share it so you can see where I am spending my days. I think my favorite part of the school is the amzing hallways with the arches. And even more exciting is that they filmed this in the classroom that I will eventually start teaching in, so you really get to see where I am spending my time while I am at school everyday. I hope dad notices an interesting flag that is hung in my classroom once the other teacher that shares our room discovered I am a BYU student.

watch the video: http://www.globalnational.com/story.html?id=1973469

and tell me if you notice anything else interesting in it....

5 comments:

Ashley D said...

Leigh that was so interesting. What an experience you get to have living in DC! I am so jealous.

Love,
Ashley (Flake) Dilsaver

kelly l said...

AWESOME!!!! My kids and I watched it and kept on rewinding it. Nice work. That's so cool. We're proud of you to get your mug on tv.

Laura said...

that was so cool. chase is asking to watch leigh again. you look very professional. tell them to take that awful flag down.

Amy W. said...

I was waiting with baited breath for your inevitable cameo. You've attained District stardom in mere days, Leigh! Well played.

Ann said...

I have a big grin on my face every day because you are in Washington DC, taking advantage of fantastic opportunities. Way to go !! P.S. You looked professional, not like a student, and real cute in the video.