Monday, May 11, 2009

some feng shui.

With the end of the winter semester Whitney moved out of my apartment for good as she is about to married in a few months. A few months back I was thinking about this and I came to the realization that when she moved out she would also be taking ALL of our decorations that have adorned our apartment since we moved in about three years ago. I was so bummed that we were going to lose everything and that our once cute apartment was going to look so bare and lame. Our front room lost-- one chair, a lovesac, our TV, picture frames and posters, a large three piece set from pottery barn that had a mirror and hooks for keys, and a small armoir. The apartment looked so boring with all of this gone. (But then I realized that all of that stuff I didnt really like, so I am actually glad that it is all gone.) When my new roomie Allie moved in she brought in a few things--such as a piano, a large picture and a mirror. With these new additions we decided that our apartment needed some feng shui.



Here is the apartment looking boring.



After out feng shui-ing and rearranging the furniture our apartment now looks like this: It was so fun and the apartment looks so much better and bigger!! I wish we would have rearranged things like years ago because the place looks so good. Annie and I also went on a spontaneous run to Pier One where she spent a gift certificate to purchase the long bamboo and basket that is in the corner. She told me that I can keep it for the next year and a half and then Ill give it back to her once she gets home from her mission. It was so fun and now I am even more sad to be leaving Lanai and my apartment in just a few short weeks.

6 comments:

Laura said...

uh, doesn't whitney read this? won't she be a little hurt that you didn't like her stuff? and where is your TV? do you not have one anymore???

kelly l said...

i was thinking what laura was thinking. but it does look cute. hope you're not too bored anymore.

Ann said...

WOW! The apartment looks adorable! You guys did a great job decorating. Now, come decorate for me. I'm with Kelly & Laura, doesn't Whitney read your blog?

leigh said...

i dont know if she does...shes in another country, she has more important things on her mind then my blog. and she probably already knows that i didnt like much of that stuff...

Nan said...

Probably True...

Monica said...

I love the new estilo!!! Even more though, I love YOU!!! And miss u :(