The best part of our stay in our hostel was that Rachel decided to come into our room and spend the night in our room. She is so fun, and Im glad that we have been able to become better
friends. We wanted to get up early since we didnt have much time in Liverpool, so we tried to get up early and head out to spend as much time as we can. We ate breakfast in the hostel...that was an interesting experience. Cathy tried the English breakfast, but that didnt work out too well. At least the toast was good. Our stop for the day was The Beatles Story museum. We went out to see the museum with my roomies and then rachel, hannah and dena--which i was really excited about. We have hung out with Rachel before but not Hannah and Dena, and this past weekend we have gotten to become really good friends with them, and I have really enjoyed it. I love Hannah, and she is living in Condo Row in the fall, so hopefully we will run into each other sometime. We were all really excited to go to the Beatles museum. It told the whole story of how the Beatles started--from the beginning to the break-up. There was a little club in Liverpool called the Cavern where they first started to play and get popular in the city. A funny thing about their Liverpudlian fans was that they refused to buy their album when it came out because they were afraid that they would get to big and leave Liverpool. Little did they know. I really loved the museum, it was really cool and very informative and all i have wanted to listen to today was the Beatles. The only thing i didnt like was the parts of the museum that focused on t
he crazy years of the Beatles--like Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Pepper. That just makes me sad since they were crazy and high on drugs all the time. I think Dad would have loved it. There were lots of things to read. My favorite part was when they talked about them coming to America. I always remember mom telling me that she remembers watching on TV when the Beatles landed in New York--so i was excited at those parts. They also had a photo exhibit just on photos from their trip to NY for the Ed Sullivan show. I liked that a lot too. By the time we got out of the museum we only had enough time to go get lunch and then head back to the hostel to get on the bus. Thats the worst part of this bus tour. We spend way too much time on the bus driving to places that we barely have enough time to see. I wished that we had at least a few more hours there cause it would have been nice to go on the duck tour (or should i say the yellow duckmarine, as it was called) that they had to easily see the city. The duck tour would have been sweet, especially since they remind me of Boston.
We got back on the bus to make our drive to Ambleside. I was really mad because we were suppose to make a stop in Preston to see the temple, something I was really excited about, but for some reason we decided to skip over that site. Which I dont understand because the place that we are at is not that exciting, so I dont see why we needed to get here so early. We got to Ambleside (which is in the Lake District) and had our choice of getting off the bus and doing outdoorsy stuff or going on to some small town to see the home of Beatrix Potter (the writer of the Peter Rabbit). Since there was no way I was going to go on a hike, I opted for staying on the bus. The village was really cute, we kinda felt like we were in Switzerland, even though I have no idea what Switzerland looks like, but i have a feeling that it looks like this town. The gallery for the ladies house was closed, so we didnt even get to see it. We just wandered the town and went into a cute shop and I bought a really cute necklace (cause i needed lots of those too.). The best part of the trip out there was the drive to and from the town. To get there we had to go on a small road that was difficult for our bus to navigate. We got to one part of the road that we could not get through because of all the cars that were passing on the other side of the road. So the cars going the other way had to stop, the first car had to actually had to reverse up this street so we could get by. We were stuck for like 10 mins, once we got through we noticed the huge line of cars backed up on the other side of the road and behind us. We literally caused a huge traffic jam, it was really hilarious and ridiculous. On the back we had the same problem, but this time on the other side of the road was another bus, so that made things even worse. So it made the car ride a whole lot more enjoyable. We got to our hostel and left for some dinner. We found a pub called Churchills, after Winston Churchill. Rachel is in love with Winny so we decided to go there. We all got amazing soup that was perfect for a dreary day and especially since it was raining while we were there. I started to think back to the day we went to the Orangery for lunch and almost melted cause of the heat and then today we got soup cause it was cold--weird. We didnt think we got internet in the hostel so Cathy, Lillie, Hannah and I decided to stay in the pub and talk for a long time and so that was really fun. I think if we all werent so addicted to getting online then we probably would spend more time out in a pub talking then sitting in our hostel. But thats what happens with all of these technological advances. Tomorrow we are spending the day in this town, but who knows what we are going to do. Some people are going on a hike tomorrow, but there is no way i would do that, especially since they are leaving at 5AM. And then we are driving to Scotland. So we are suppose to be on the bus for like 6 hours. its going to suck. And we are barely in Scotland anyways, so i dont even think that it is worth it. At least with each day Im getting more excited to come home. I think if we had stayed in London I would have a harder time getting on the plane. But I really cant wait to sleep in my own bed and not have neck aches from sleeping on the bus. And im excited to see my Chasers! I hope you guys show him pictures of me often so he hasnt forgotten me yet!
5 comments:
Liverpool sounds cool. Thanks for the shout out to chasers. I do show him your pic (occasionally). and you guys are lame for wanting to spend all your nights on the internet
Interesting that English weather! I definitely would have enjoyed the Beatles museum. Chase will be happy to see you. He has learned to climb. On the couch, on the coffee table (after which he walks on it until Ann grabs him). Take advantage of the few days you have left to meet people and prophet from your time :).
Chase can get on the couch? I guess Drew was a really good influence on him. But back to Leigh, sorry you hate the bus and your trip through Britain. So sorry that you're in Europe. Boo hoo. I loved the Lake District. I just thought it was so pretty and we walked around plenty. And I think dad meant to say "profit" from your time, not "prophet," right? Since you're not going to meet the prophet out there.
kelly - you missed the whole "profit/prophet" joke. see comments on the last post.
Kelly, try and stay up with us!!
Post a Comment